Creation of assured social infrastructure as a group of engineers solving geological and ground-related problems
The land of Japan is prone to disasters as there are many soft ground sites as well as hazardous sites for landslides, etc. under a harsh natural environment characterized by earthquakes, typhoons, downpours, etc. The minimization of disasters and thorough disaster risk management start with appropriate appraisal of the disaster risk. EJEC contributes to the creation of assured social infrastructure as a group of engineers solving geological and ground-related problems through surveying and analysis work, countermeasure design work, geo-doctor work, etc., featuring all technologies pertaining to geology, soil, ground and groundwater.
Geology and Geotechnical Engineering
- Geological surveys, various types of prospecting and in-situ testing/ soil and groundwater surveys
- Various types of measurement (landslide, sediment disaster and deep-seated landslide)
- Physical analysis (X-ray, CNS analysis, colorimetry, etc.)
- Numerical analysis, examination and design of countermeasures concerning groundwater and contamination (Soil Contamination Countermeasures Act, nature-derived heavy metals, illegal dumping, etc.)
- Various statistical analyses/ judgement on the working faces of tunnelling work/ load testing of piles
- Survey, inspection, examination and design of countermeasures for prevention of road disasters and slope disasters (landslides, falling rocks and debris flow)
- Examination and design of soil structures and of countermeasures for soft ground and liquefaction
- Various analyses and examinations concerning substructure
- Various numerical analyses concerning deformation or destruction of the ground, such as drilling analysis,proximity impact analysis, flow analysis of liquefaction, etc.