Presentation at Seminar in COP28 Japan Pavilion（re-updated）
We, Eight-Japan Engineering Consultants Inc. (“EJEC”), join the 28th Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP28) to be held in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) from November 30th to December 12th, 2023, and give a presentation at a seminar on installation of semi-aerobic landfill structure ”Fukuoka method” for contribution to reducing methane emissions and improving the living environment in “COP28 Japan Pavilion” by the Ministry of the Environment, Japan.
EJEC introduces some examples of the introduction of semi-aerobic landfill structure “Fukuoka method” project in overseas in which our company involved.
“Reduce Methane emissions from landfills around the world! ~ Exploring opportunities of the Fukuoka Method ~ ”
・Date & Time : December 2nd, 2023 (Sat) JST 17:30 - 18:45 (UAE local time: 12:30 - 13:45) *Time changed
Online Webinar application link:https://intergroup.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3GrEiB01S-C244S41oOoeQ
Seminar Brochure (download here （PDF1.2MB）)
- ・Organizer : Ministry of the Environment, Fukuoka City
- ・Co-organizer : UN-Habitat, ACCP(African Clean Cities Platform)
- ・Abstract   : Through keynote speeches and panel discussions by experts on methane emission reduction and the installing the Fukuoka method overseas, we will consider how the semi-aerobic landfill structure ”Fukuoka method” can contribute to improving the living environment in cities facing challenges in reducing methane gas emissions and solid waste management.
- -Ministry of the Environment, Japan
- -Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC) Secretariat
- -Dr. Yasushi Matsufuji Professor Emeritus, Fukuoka Univ. and Chairperson of the Board, NPO SWAN-Fukuoka
- -Mr. Takuya Nakamura Chief Executive, Environmental Bureau, Fukuoka city
- -Mr. Virender Kumar Duggal Principal Climate Change Specialist, Climate Change, Resilience and Environment Cluster, Climate Change and Sustainable Development Department, Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- -Alois Posekufa Mhlanga Chief Climate Technologies Innovation Unit Division of Decarbonisation and Sustainable Energy Directorate of Technical Cooperation and Sustainable Industrial Development, United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- -County government of Kiambu in Kenya
- -Ms. Cynthia Malava/ Mr. Taisuke Odera, International Dept. Eight-Japan Engineering Consultants Inc.
- -Ms. Sachiyo Hoshino Special Adviser to Regional Representative, UN-Habitat Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific-Fukuoka
- -Myriam Jenayah Tunisia Waste Authority ANGeD
- -Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA)
【COP28 Japan Pavilion (English)】
Our E・J Group recognizes that responding to environmental issues including climate change is one of important management issues. We have set "Strengthening measures to reduce environmental impact" as one of the basic policies in our long-term vision, and we have been working towards achieving the Paris Agreement “1.5 degree Celsius target”, starting from May 2021 as the first year of our fifth medium-term management plan.
Our company actively address issues such as international climate change in order to realize a decarbonized society.